Integrated Pest Management
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a common-sense approach to managing pests while reducing the use of internationally approved and recommended harmful pesticides. Flora pest control professionals IPM programs focus on preventing pest problems by getting rid of the food, water and shelter that pests need to survive. When pest management is needed, IPM uses a combination of common-sense, least harmful practices. IPM works because combined (integrated) approaches for pest management are more effective in the end than a single approach, like spraying pesticides. IPM in a facility is always a team effort between the program staff, janitorial staff, parents, and the building manager, landlord and pest management professional. Everyone has a role to play and must communicate and cooperate.
Why use IPM?
IPM targets the conditions in your facility that allow pests to become a problem rather than simply treating the symptoms (pests).
Therefore, IPM is more effective at eliminating pests, prevents pest infestations in the future, is less likely to cause harm to product, staff and the environment, can save time, money and energy, will lead to fewer pest problems.
Steps to Successful IPM:
- Keep pests out of areas where you don’t want them
- Remove pests’ access to food, water and shelter.
IDENTIFICATION OF PESTS
- Identify which pests are present in and around your facility. Positive identification will help you to determine the best plan of action. For example, do you have norway rats or roof rats? They must be dealt with differently
- Learn the signs of their presence such as droppings or damage, even when pests are out of sight.
- Identify pests’ characteristics and habits: what are their food, water and shelter needs and what is their life cycle?
- Use materials and practices that maximize effectiveness, safety and reduce pesticide exposure to you and your staff.
- Often you can manage pests with nonchemical steps
- If you use pesticides, choose least harmful pesticides such as bait stations or gels. Combine them with preventive practices so pests won’t come back
How We Secure Events
No matter the insect or extent of the infestation, Flora pest control professionals will remove the unwanted guests in their entirety. We offer prompt reliable service and will be there to deal with the problem right away. Flora pest control professionals is fully licensed and insured and offers 24/7 customer support and free estimates.
Don’t let the presence of insects impact your industry or business. Call Flora pest control professional now for more information about our insect pest control problem or to schedule an appointment.
- Carefully inspect your indoor and outdoor areas for evidence of pests, damage by pests or the pests themselves.
- Identify pest problems early
- Determine if and when treatment is needed
- Determine whether current strategies are working.